Monday, June 24, 2013

More Success No Complaints



My most recent foray into getting healthy started at the beginning of May 2013. I had gained back some of the weight I lost during the fall of 2012. I was back up to 260 lbs. My measurements were Chest 50 " Waist 45" and Hips 53". Before this I was pretty much bed ridden, with no energy. I knew that I had to start slow, and start with changing the way I ate. So I have been eating a low glycemic diet, while allowing myself one cheat day a week. We try and avoid processed foods and eating out and focus on fresh foods we cook at home. I also started taking organic vitamin supplements. It has been seven weeks and I have more energy than I have had in a very long time. My house is clean. My fridge is stocked. My garden is looking good. I've also been working hard at finding a new job. That in and of itself is an accomplishment I am so grateful for. But, that is not all I have to be grateful for. I have lost 11 lbs in those 7 weeks. I am down to 249. I know to some that may seem like not a lot of weight, but my goal is slow steady and sustained weight loss. Not a crash diet or gimick. My measurements are also improved. Chest 46.5" Waist 40" and Hips 48.5. That means I have lost 3.5 " on my chest 5" very impressive inches on my waist and 4.5 " on my hips.  That is 13 inches is 7 weeks. WoooHooo!!!! Overall from my high weight of 283 lbs down to 249 lbs I have lost 34 lbs. I am very pleased. The next phase of my getting healthy plan is to start exercising. Sean and I are going to do DDP Yoga together. I will tell you how it goes. And I am going to do Zumba for cardio. I am starting with low impact exercise. My main goals are to increase my energy and strength. Things have also been great for Sean. He is down from 302 lbs to 267 a weight loss of 35 lbs. I am very hopeful that the DDP Yoga will help rehabilitate in a sense his body. My main wish for him is decreased pain. Sean didn't want to exercise, so I had to get creative. I found DDP Yoga through YouTube and the inspirational video below. Sean loves wrestling. He watches it while I am sleeping since I can't help laughing when I try and watch it. Something about Diamond Dallas Page has got him motivated. He reads the booklet all the time and now is getting on me to get going. Mission accomplished. Hopefully my next post I will have more good news to share. If there is one thing that I want to get accross in this blog is that having PCOS or being disabled like my husband, does not mean that you are helpless. You have the power to choose what you eat and you can exercise, even if it means starting simple. Slow and steady wins the race. The most important thing is to stay motivated. Good luck!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

2 comments:

  1. how did the ddp yoga work for u since u have pcos?

    I have pcos and nothing seems to help... a yr and a half ago I was in a size 4/6 and bow I am in a size 18 I have tried eating better and exercising and nothing seems to help... so i have givin up... my whole body seems to be failing now and I'm ready to get back in shape but I'm still stuck in the same spot as before... nothing is working... plzzz help....

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did the ddp yoga work for u since u have pcos?

    I have pcos and nothing seems to help... a yr and a half ago I was in a size 4/6 and bow I am in a size 18 I have tried eating better and exercising and nothing seems to help... so i have givin up... my whole body seems to be failing now and I'm ready to get back in shape but I'm still stuck in the same spot as before... nothing is working... plzzz help....

    ReplyDelete