Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Broken Record

Sometimes I feel like a broken record. We went on vacation for Sean's birthday so I decided not to take my Metformin so I could cheat a little. One month later I am still cheating and have missed a whole month of Metformin. I gained 10 lbs in just a few weeks. Amazing. I started taking my meds again yesterday. I also went and saw my doctor. Had to hand my head and own up to  my failure. I figure all I can do is keep trying. I am adjusting still to the estrogen. I am going to take half doses of metformin until my body gets used to it. The goal is to get me up to 3 500 mg pills per day. My doctor says many of her patients who have diabetes can't handle the metformin, but unfortunitaly there is no other medication out there for PCOS. I don't know why PCOS doesn't get more funding or research. I think mostly because it isn't life threatening, although it leads to life threatening diseases such as diabetes, heart diseas, obesity, etc. Most women with PCOS don't find out until they have problems trying to have a baby. I guess I should consider myself luck to have found out at 26. At least I know what I need to do to get healthy, now I just have to make myself do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment