Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I Have Lost 60 Lbs



I am officially down 60 lbs. Words cannot describe how happy I am with myself and my progress. PCOS is not just a disease you get when you are trying to have a baby, PCOS is a chronic condition that 5-10 % of women have, many of whom don't even know. And, they won't know until they try and have a baby and can't. I have been battling this condition for over a decade. I knew something was wrong with me, and I spent 6 years banging on different doctors doors, being told time and again nothing was wrong. But I know my body, and I knew something was wrong. I kept gaining and losing the same 50 lbs over and over and over again. My hair was falling out. I had no energy. I was depressed. Finally 5 years ago I went to a reproductive endocrinologist, who after blood work and ultra sounds told me "you have PCOS, take the pill, call me when you want to get pregnant". That was it. I was furious and I felt helpless. So I took the pill, but that didn't help. I gained 123 lbs over the next 5 years. It wasn't until a year ago, that I finally started on the right path to getting healthy. I had been trying for years, but I guess I just hadn't figured out quite the right way about it. Now I know, that for me, what works is a low glycemic diet/lifestyle. I no longer take metformin or the pill. I take an organic multi vitamin, fish oil and spironolactone. And I eat right. I feel like my life, although it has its ups and downs, is finally on track to getting where I need to be. I want to be healthy, and I am 60 lbs closer to that !

No comments:

Post a Comment