Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Slow Carb Day 3

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good. for giggles I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 4 lbs. But, I am 99% sure that is just water weight. I am optimistic that my total weight loss for this week will be very motivating. I have had some carbohydrate withdrawels. Yesterday at work I caved and got a skinny vanilla latte which has like 110 calories. I was 7 hours into my 9 hour day and I just wasn't going to make it without something. I figure that was a lot better than the sushi I wanted to buy downstairs. Note to self put sushi on my cheat day meal list. Better yet one of those cheap chinese buffets that serves all the yummy fried foods and half decent sushi. mmmmmmm........ So day 2 and Sean was already complaining about beans. It's funny I wonder why it is the beans you seem to get sick of first? Well over time the carb withdrawels will go away and Sean and I will learn to accept the beans on the simple fact that we are hungry and they have energy in them.

I took measurement this morning. Wow that was depressing and eye opening. My once always 28 inch waist has now ballooned to 41 inches. Here are my starting measurements.

Chest 45"
Waist 41"
Hips 50"
Theeigh 29.5"
Knee 20.5"
Arms 15"

I am going to conintue to not only weight myself but to measure in case there are weeks that I don't lose weight I may lose inches and that will keep me motivated.

Motivation. Motivation. Motivation. That is the key right now. It's just another phase in a long journey. You don't win by getting there fastest - you just win if you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment