Monday, April 18, 2011

A New Plan And Some Catching Up

I realized the other day that I have never met one of my best friends growing up son's even though she made the attempt to see me. Why? Because I was too emberrassed for her to see me grossly overweight. That really makes me sad and it makes me angry - angry at myself. I realize more than ever that more than just losing weight for health reasons I also ( many of us) need to change the way we feel about overweight people - including ourselves. We are after all - all just people. So I think I will make that call.

Speaking of calls I got a call from my dr. about a week ago and my estrogen is at a whopping 16. Yes normall is 200 or more. My worst ever was 9. Basically the estrogen level of a dead person. I have been taking metformin for a year now and I have taken the spironolactone and the estrogen pills, and I really don't feel like I have made the kind of progress that I should be. I realize and I blame 90% of it on me. I was doing so well losing weight until November of last year. I lost 17 lbs. From 231 to 214 but I have alas gained 10 of it back. I am almost back where I started.

So the game plan is a follows. A higher dosage of estrogen. Metformin 3 times a day. Continue with the spironolactone. (If I could state one positive I have notices a great improvement in hair re-growth combining the spironolactone and just over the counter Rogain) Exercise goal is 3 times per week. And, following the great success my own mother has had losing 30 lns in about 3 months, the Slow Carb Diet.

My goal according to my dr. is to get my estrogen up to 100. My goal as far as weight loss would be to try and lose 50 lbs on the Slow Carb Diet. I would say in the next 7-8 months. The ultimate goal is to get pregnant in the next 2-3 years.

No matter how many times you fail or fall down, getting up is what matters.  I may have to "get up" 100 times - but as long as I get to where I want to be - that is what  really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment