Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December

Sadly I just realized that I didn't post anything for the whole month of December. Well there really wasn't anything to write about other than a whole bunch of food that I should not have eaten. I am kind of anxious for Christmas to come and go so I can get back to my plan and start powering forward. I think I will have gained 3-5 lbs for this month. Hopefully a lot of that is water weight and will come off quickly after Christmas. I went back to the dr last week for blood work. I haven't gotten the results yet, but hopefully my hormones are doing better. I know that for sure my hair is much better. I have even been getting compliments from people. The dr wants me to go back to the imaging place for another ultrasound of my overseas to check for more cycsts. Not very excited about that after the awful experience I had last time. I was thinking the other night how do you explain PCOS to a person who doesn't know what it is? " Well I have an endocrine disorder which is the hormone system of the body where my estrogen and testostorone and other hormones are out of wack and this causes diabetic insulin resistance, obesity, metabolic syndrome, hair loss, infertility, and painfull cysts in my ovaries." Man that sounds depressing. But, it is only as depressing as I let it be. So I really didn't accomplish much over the last couple of months. I lost 17 lbs over the first 4 months or so, but I find after about 4 months motivation really starts to wain. I don't see anything wrong with taking a break and regrouping as long as the end goal is still in sight. If it takes me 2 years to lose this weight and not 1 then fine that is just how long it will take. The end goal is change. Real change. Not a quick fix. This isn't a quick fix kind of problem. This is a process. I'm hoping for real change.

No comments:

Post a Comment