Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lowering Your Cholesteral

Here Are 11 Tips To Lowering You Cholesteral....

1. Set A Target

2. Consider Medication

3. Exercise

4. Avoid Saturated Fat

5. Eat More Fiber

6. Eat Fish

7. Drink Red Wine

8. Drink Green Tea

9. Eat Nuts

10.Switch To Healthy Margarine

11. Don't Smoke

I never thought at the age of 27 that I would have cholestoral issues. However, I found some old blood work from back in 2005, when I was 21, and my cholestoral was 234 which is even higher than it is now. I am concerned because 5 months ago my cholestoral was 191 and it shot up to 226 and my ldl bad cholestoral went from 110 to 134. In 2005 my LDL was only 126.  Anyway, at first as I was really upset wondering how could I lose 15 lbs and have my cholestoral go up? But, then I realized that I lost that weight up to October and I simply maintained it over November and December. So I was not eating healthy during those two months. Now, knowing this, I will have to make a conscious effort to work on lowering my cholestoral. I feel like I am 50 years old just saying that sentence. The above list is a great starting point. And, as always, I say better to know what is wrong then to not know and not be able to work on fixing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment