Monday, October 4, 2010

CalorieKing

Well sadly I must admit that September was not a good month. Seems I have managed to put back on 3 of the pounds that I lost. I honestly don't know how, but I am determined to find out. So what I have done is joined the web site CalorieKing.com. I had used it before, and I think it is a great web site. It has a database that allows you to track what you eat and it keeps records and charts etc. for you. Now in the past I had minimal success because I had not been able to lose weight. Now I know that was because I had an underlying untreated medical condition: PCOS. So now that I am being properly medicated and treated I am going to give it another go. Tracking your food is very important for many different reasons. It is not just important to make sure you don't eat too much, but also that you eat enough. If you don't eat enough your body can go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism to a crawl. You also want to make sure you are getting the righ spread of carbohydrates, protien and fat. My hope is that by tracking more closely my food and exercise, I can figure out how to get the weight loss train rolling again. You know that old saying "the only person in the way of your dreams is yourself" Well I believe that. I am not going to give up even if I have to try a million times or a million different things. If I have to start over each month each week each day - I will. I am not going to give up or give in. I am going to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment