Saturday, October 23, 2010

Deep Breaths

I guess I feel a little frustrated today. I didn't lose any weight this week. In fact I gained a half pound. I'm not going to cry over a half pound, but it sure would have been nice to lose some weight. So far I have lost 15 pounds and 1 pant size. I am very happy about this, but I have a goal and that is to lose 1 lb per week and over the past month or two my weight loss has been very scattered. I keep reminding myself that I don't have a normal body. I have PCOS and that means it is much harder for me to lose weight because I have a genuine endocrin disease. But, I can't blame everything on that. I also have to take personal responsibility for what I am not doing and what I could do. I could work out more. I could and should stop drinking. I could spread my meals out into more small meals through out the day. So I guess the question is -- how do I make myself do these things? If this were easy we would all be our ideal weight with no bad habits. Obviously this is not easy. Life can be so stressfull. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. All I can do is take a few deep breaths  and keep on trucking. No matter what the final result is, I am doing this for a full year. I have commited myself to making this a lifestyle change and not a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment