Saturday, October 16, 2010

Healthy Snacks

Sometimes it is hard to make yourself eat through out the day. Every book or atricle or nutrionist I have spoken to says that it is best to eat 5-6 smalls meals through out the day. I am guilty of eating a small lunch and a huge dinner and no breakfast many a time. Sean is even worse about it than me. Sometimes he won't eat all day and just eat dinner. It is easy to tell yourself "ok I am going to eat more through out the day" but half of the time I end up stating at the reridgerator feeling like there is nothing to eat. So I did some online research and came up with a few good snack ideas.

peanut butter and celery

peaches and cottage cheese
apple sauce and toast
granola and yogurt
1 egg in toast
rice cake with peanut butter
handfull of nuts and low fat yogurt
trail mix
a small bowl of soup
a bowl of ceareal
hummas and pit chips
baby carrots and cucumber slices \
a fresh fruit smoothie


These are just a few ideas. So when I went to the grocery store today I made sure and load up on all of these things, and hopefully this week  I will snack smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment