Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Lesson In Forgiveness

Sometimes saying you are sorry can be really scary. I have never been one for confrontation. In fact I usually avoid confrontation at all cost. I've always seen confrontation as a bad thing, but sometimes confrontation can be a good thing. It can feel really good to say to a person that you are sorry. To admit that you did something wrong, and that you hurt a person, takes a lot. For me it is the fear of the unknown. What will they say? What will I say? What if they say something hurtfull to me? What if they don't accept my apology? I wonder how many friends over my life I have walked away from because of my own cowardice. And lets be real -- that is really what it is -- cowardice. At the same time, it is also a great feeling to stand up for yourself when you feel that you have been wronged. You can't change what happened, but if feels good to free the air.

Well now that I got that off my chest.

Good news we have weight loss!!! I am down to 216. That is 15 lbs total. I have lost 5lbs since starting CalorieKing 2 weeks ago. I am so glad tracking my calories has started to work. Yay! Next week I hope to start exercising (I feel like I say that every week) but hopefully I can start working out and make it a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment