Saturday, August 21, 2010

How Do You Lose 80 lbs?

When most people want to lose weight the first thing they do is they set a goal. Most people set unrealistic goals. "I want to lost 20 lbs in a month" Then of course when they don't see the quick results they want they get frustrated and give up. Or like certain family member who will remain nameless *caugh* I have been guilty of this too in the past ..... they go all low carb lose 30 lbs and then put it back on. (not healthy -- not to mention all that red meat is bad for your heart) ....... So the real answer to "how do you lose 80 lbs" is ONE POUND AT A TIME.


That is how I am taking this. If you were to ask me what my goal is I would say "to lose a pound this week" Yes Ideally I would love to lose the 80lbs I gained in the past 3 years, but I know that if I set that kind of goal it would overwhelm me. So instead I set my goals smaller. Every week I meet or surpass my goal I feel good about myself. I know that before I know it my birthday will be here again and 52 weeks will have gone by. Whether I lose 50 lbs or 80 lbs -- it will have been done 1 lb at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment