Monday, August 9, 2010

Life is Taking Chances and Letting Go

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - John Lennon

"If you wait to do everything until you are sure that it is right, you will probably not do much of anything." - Win Bordon

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” - Michelangelo

"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today." - James Dean

"In the end we get no more than we are willing to risk giving"


Everyday we take chances in life. We are defined by the chances we take. Those forks in the metaphorical road that we come to, sometimes every day. I am such a planner. Maybe it comes from having parents who are not planners. My little way of making sure that I have a sense of control over where my life is going. But, I know I can try to control things too much. I know that I can take few too risks. The world needs people like me. We are leaders. We make sure things get done, and loose ends get tied up. But, what about me? How many chances in life have I passed things up, because I wanted to take the simplest route or the route that made most sense. Now I am not going to jump out of a plane or anything, but I would like to see myself plan a little less and dare a little more.


"Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's."
~ Billy Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment