Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Frustration

Life is filled with ups and downs. You have good days and you have bad days. I tell myself we need the bad days to appreciate the good ones. Life challanges us. It is hard to controll your emotions. How do you break a habit you have had your whole life ? I don't know the answer to this, I guess I am still trying to figure it out. It helps when I remind myself that "anger is just hurting on purpose". When people are rude to me, or if something happens that isn't "fair", it is so easy to get eaten up inside. But, really, that person or that situation didn't hurt you -- you chose to hurt. You chose to be angry. And, I guess, unless you plan on doing something about it, there is no point in sitting around sulking. If you can't change it - let it go. I tell myself to put it in perspective. Is it really the end of the world? Is is really even a big deal? I don't even remember 99% of the things I have cried over in my life. I guess they weren't really that important. All that matters is that you learn from your experiences in life. If someone hurts you - you can't change them - so you either stop letting what they say or do get to you or if you can't you remove them from you life. What is the defination of stupidity? - "Trying the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome". Change.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure it to try and please everybody." - Bill Cosby

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them."
George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment