Monday, July 19, 2010

New Things To do


So I managed to work out twice yesterday. I was looking for things I could do that were different but also easy on my joints. The first thing I did was try water aroebics in my pool. Man I tell you kicking aroung on a paddle board is hard. My legs were burning. I am still coming up with a good routine, but I did find a web site with the basics.




I really enjoyed it. I set up my portable Bose Dock so I was able to blare my Ipod by the pool. It was nice to work out in the water because not only did it not hurt my joints, but it was refreshing.


Later we went to the new Phil Hardberger park off of 1604 and Blanco. We stopped by Jason's Deli on the way and ordered off the lite menu. Then we had a pic nic followed by a nice 3 mile hike. I will say that my knees did hurt, and next time I will probably take some extra Aleve an hour before. I also brought my camera and took some nice photos.
On a side note Sean has done great so far. He started eating healthy about 2 months before I started. What did it for him, was he went to the dr. for night sweats only to find out he was pre-diabetic and his cholesterol levels were at 300. So far he has gone from 240 to 222. It is so not fare how easy and quick it is for guys to lose weight, but I am still very happy for him and proud of him.


Now we are in this together. We are going to try and go to a city park once a week. We might even make trips to other parks in other cities like Landa Park in New Braunfels or Zilker park in Austin. We will pack a healthy lunch and then go for a hike and I can take pictures. Sean brought up that this is a great habit to pick up for when we have kids someday. I agree. I am also going to try and do the water aroebics 2-3 times per week. I want to work up to exercising 5 days a week. Change happens one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment