Saturday, July 17, 2010

Progress

It has been about 2 weeks so far on this little journey. I have had both good days and bad days. I haven't really strayed much at all from the healthy eating plan. I did have some wine 3 nights of the past 2 weeks. Ideally I would like to stop drinking during this process, and if I choose to resume it would be in great moderation. I haven't gotten there yet. That is why this is a journey and a lifestyle not a crash diet. Change takes times. The slower the change the better chance you have of it lasting. If you build a house too quick and don't take the time to lay the proper foundations , the first heavy winds that come by will knock the house to the ground. I have been knocked to the ground many times in the past. Why do diets fail? The first time I lost a signifigant amount of weight I was 15. I think I went from 170 lbs to 125 lbs. It was great I was counting my calories 1500 per day along with exercise every day. Then one day on a cheerleading trip I caved and ordered a strawberry milkshake from McDonalds. It was over. I gained almost all the weight back within a few months. I guess life is filled with Strawberry Milkshakes. A stressfull day. A break up. Boredome. Whatever. I don't know why one strawberry milkshake or one bad day for that matter has the power to ruin months and months of hard work. I think in order to successfully lose weight and to stay healthy you have to learn recovery skills. If you have a bad day, the next day you start over. Same thing with life. If you have a horrible break up, you don't give up men all together and join a convent (although the thought had crossed my mind a few times). No you give yourself some time to heal and then you get right back out there. If you get fired from a job you don't move back in with your parents until you are 50. No you find a new job. Bad things in life happen. There is no avoiding that, but it is how quickly you get up and how much stronger you stand afterwards that really matters. This time I don't expect perfection out of myself. I just expect change.

No comments:

Post a Comment